Your definitive guide to de-compressing from the tradeshow chaos.
Exhibiting at and attending a tradeshow can be stressful. Packing, getting to your flight on time and finding your way in a “new” city are all trying. Not to mention, once you arrive at the show, the hours are long, the coordination is tedious, and all the coming and going from various conference rooms is tiresome—plus you are “always on.” We think you deserve a break! If you’re gearing up for the RSA 2019 Conference in San Francisco, CA this year March 4-8 at the Moscone Center, we’ve compiled the best stress-reducing, fun activities to do and see (after visiting with us at booth #6583, of course).
- RSAC After Hours Events: These events, hosted by the conference, offer Full Conference and Discover Pass holders the chance to hang out with industry peers and colleagues in a setting of their choice.
- Tuesday, March 5th After Hours: Game Night at Moscone Level 2 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 6th After Hours: Whiskey & Wine Tasting at Marriott Marquis Golden Gate B&C from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 7th After Hours: Comedy Club at Moscone South Esplanade from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Check out The View Lounge rooftop at the Marriott Marquis for some delicious cocktails and incomparable views of the city. Only a 6-minute walk from Moscone Center! It’s the perfect place to bring clients and partners, do some networking, or enjoy a little alone time at the end of a long day of networking and meetings.
- Head to the Ferry Building to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city. The expansive marketplace inside is home to wine, coffee, food, and souvenirs. A great spot to grab some lunch or coffee and get out of the conference room.
- Yerba Buena Gardens is a beautiful place to reflect on the tradeshow experience thus far and find some peace after the busyness of the day. Serene waterfalls, sprawling lawns and gorgeous gardens are sure to help you unwind, and it’s right across the street from the conference. Beyond being a great place to relax, a sponsored game of Intro to Capture the Flag will be taking place in the park from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, March 7th. This is a women’s only game geared toward beginners. You will gain real-life hacking experience while collaborating, game playing, and enjoying coffee and bagels.
- If you’re looking for hot new restaurants to try, look no further than these gems near the tradeshow:
- Ayala Restaurant – A seafood-centric haven in the bottom of Hotel G in Union Square (another great place to visit).
- Z&Y Bistro – Ramen, hot pot, and skewers with minimal, upscale décor. This “baby brother” of Z&Y Restaurant is located just northwest from the original on Jackson Street.
- Trailblazer Tavern – Located in the SalesForce East Building, unique Hawaiian comfort food abounds in a modern space. Open for lunch, happy hour, and dinner with an indoor dining room, bar, and heated patio.
- Visit the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, just around the corner from Moscone. The inspiring art and calm atmosphere are just the ticket for hitting the re-set button. Here is a list of museums that offer free days around the city if you find yourself craving more artistic expression!
- If art isn’t your thing, or you’re on the hunt for a very authentic San Francisco experience, be sure to check out the Cable Car Museum. It’s a free museum in the Nob Hill neighborhood. It holds historical and explanatory exhibits on the San Francisco cable car system, which can be regarded as a working museum in and of itself. If you’d like to actually ride one, here is a list of routes, tickets, and schedules.
- After spending the day at the tradeshow, why not visit the Fortune Cookie Factory and see what the future holds for you? This little bakery offers free tours, delicious fortune cookie flavors and toppings, and makes over 10,000 cookies per day, by-hand, from scratch. You can also get custom fortunes made as a gift for your colleagues and newfound customers and partners!
- Looking for an amazing shopping experience in the city? The Westfield San Francisco Center has you covered. From top department stores to small, SF-based boutiques, you can get whatever you need here. There’s also a dining hall and many delicious restaurants if you have trouble deciding what to eat.
- Still unsure of how to spend your time away from the Circadence booth #6583? Check out this list of sponsored parties around town. Keep checking back as this list will continue to get updated!
We hope you find time to enjoy yourself this year at RSA. Kickstart your city adventures with some fun and be sure to visit the Circadence booth #6583 for more excitement. We would love to talk shop and hear what you’ve been able to do from our list!
Photo Credit: https://unsplash.com/@sonuba